Agile pm - foundation
Agile Project Management Training
internationally accredited courses
A full Agile product and project lifecycle
As the pace of change accelerates and pressure builds to deliver greater value, traditional project management methods that worked in more stable and predictable environments become less effective.
The project management team needs to respond quickly and with agility, whilst still demonstrating control and reliability.
APMG-International’s Agile Project Management offers a practical and repeatable agile based project methodology, using sensible governance in a flexible Agile based project lifecycle approach that can be scaled to implement large transformational change. Please read on…
The Agile Project Management (AgilePM®) Certification is an internationally recognized qualification that addresses the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who are evolving into an agile organization.
Agile PM is based on the Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM); one of the most mature agile approaches developed in 1994 to address the need for agile, iterative ways of working whilst including sensible governance and visibility.
This event will:
- Explain how to lay the foundations for successful agile projects
- Explain how an agile project is managed
- Clarify the different management styles needed for successful agile projects (compared to traditional waterfall projects)
Share This Class:
Our Agile PM certification is targeted at project professionals who are managing agile projects and programmes or adopting an agile and lean change approach in their organization. The Agile approach to project management can be applied to all types of projects regardless of scale or discipline.
Approach & Duration
This is a 4-day facilitator led virtual classroom or traditional classroom event delivered by an experienced and accredited trainer who will facilitate interactive group work and encourage the learning experience through the use of multiple learning mediums, group work and exercises.
There are two exam levels. Exams can be done on-line.
The Foundation qualification measures whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance to be able to recognize and distinguish between the key elements of the approach.
The Foundation qualification is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
The exam format is:
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions
- 25 (50%) out of 50 marks required to pass
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
The major benefits of learning and applying this agile approach stem from its focus on applying agile principles to business projects of any size. Agile PM can be scaled to address large transformational change, involving all stakeholders in agile ways of working whilst ensuring that projects are always on time and within budget.
The Agile Project Management training offers an internationally recognized certification that will benefit the individual in their career development and the organization in becoming truly agile in this complex and volatile world.
- Agile Project Management Fundamentals
- What is Agile? Major agile approaches
- Benefits of Agile project management
- When to use Agile project management
- Risks and benefits of Agile
- Preparing for successful Agile projects
- Agile project management principles
- The Agile Project Management Process
- Agile project management framework
- Configuring the Agile Project Lifecycle
- Products and Deliverables
- Management, business, and solution focus
Agile Project Teams
- Agile project roles and responsibilities
- Agile project team empowerment
- Agile project team structure
- Agile Project Management Techniques
- Facilitated Workshops
- MoSCoW Prioritisation
- Iterative Development
- Time boxing
This event will enable delegates to:
- Understand the concepts, benefits, and risks of Agile development
- Understand the philosophy, approach, and principles of Agile project management
- Understand the Agile DSDM lifecycle
- Set up appropriate project teams
- Plan and run facilitated workshops
- Model and prototype aspects of the solution
- Elicit, analyse, prioritize, and manage requirements
- Create a time boxed plan for a project
- Understand the importance of negotiation and collaboration
- Use their skills to set up and manage an Agile project
- Minimum attendance 4 students per training session
- Maximum 15 students per training session
- Prices are on a per person basis
For further information please reach out through the online enquiry/Contact us form.