Our client: A world-leading multinational Medical Affairs business.
Job Title: Senior Content Medical Information Specialist
Department: Clinical Operations
Job Status: Full-time FLSA
Vice President, Senior Medical Information Manager, or Medical Information Manager
The Senior Content Medical Information Specialist is a professional with scientific, clinical, and therapeutic area expertise, responsible for providing medical and scientific support for assigned marketed and investigational products.
The position provides scientifically accurate and balanced information to internal stakeholders, external Healthcare Professionals, and consumers in a way that supports business needs; is aligned with regulatory and compliance practices; and is consistent with Medical Affairs and brand team objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and review content for scientific documents including standard response, slide decks, and dossiers.
- Demonstrates ongoing scientific expertise relevant to therapeutic areas, including products, disease state management, and emerging therapies.
- Integrate scientific expertise with knowledge of regulatory and compliance guidelines to ensure comprehensive review of materials submitted into approval process.
- Create and review medical affairs materials and promotional materials.
- Update Standard Response format and content for integration into a global content management system.
- Respond to Medical Information Requests (via calls/web/emails/letters) and conduct appropriate scientific information exchanges with the requestors.
- Participate in scientific training as appropriate to support assigned brands.
- Comply with all guidelines, policies, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Meet or exceed service levels and targets for internal and external customers.
- Participate in training of new hires or staff changing support areas.
- Mentor new hires or staff changing support areas.
The Senior Content Medical Information Specialist might also be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a team lead for a Client, therapeutic area, or brand.
- Manage and distribute overall workload for a brand or therapeutic area.
- Serve as key contact for communications between the Client and Med Communications team.
- Maintain active role in Quality Assurance processes, including monitoring of performance indicators.
- Coordinate with Client to schedule meetings and training sessions, and to ensure that all required training requirements are met by all team members.
- Provide medical information support via multiple venues including virtual presentations and medical meeting booth coverage.
- Above average attention to detail, teamwork and initiative.
- Ability to interact with other departments within the company and be proficient in written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word, and quickly able to learn new software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in drug information communication and management.
- Ability to apply regulatory and compliance guidelines to content development..
- Self-Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Organized – Possesses the trait of being well-organized or follows a systematic method of performing a task.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized
- information. Tactful – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for, or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Customer-Oriented – Ability to take care of the client needs while following company
- procedures. Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Applied Learning – Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Advanced degree in pharmacy (PharmD preferred) or relevant, equivalent clinical experience.
Experience: Three years of related experience preferred. Drug Information Residency preferred.
Computer Skills: Prefer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Telecommuting or Remote
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described.
It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This Job description does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
All applications will receive a response.